Tuesday, December 28, 2010

38, and it's not my age

"Mom, I feel low!"
Aren't those some of the yuckiest words in the English language?
She just tested at 9 pm at 190 and I dosed .50 units, how could she possibly be low?
But I never tell her not to test, so she does.
38
Thirty flippin' eight
How does that even happen?
And she is still standing. Telling me she feels a wee bit dizzy, but standing at the edge of my bed, proclaiming a 38.
Diabetes, you like to mess with me don't ya?
So, two Juicy Juices down (that's 30g carbs total) here we go.
15 minutes later - 50
I lower her basal by -60% for one hour to help things.
30 minutes later - 65
45 minutes later - 85
1 hour later - 106
I win.

And then she wakes up and says,
"Is it OK for me to go to sleep Mom, with being low and all?"

You bet your sweet patootie it is honey, this monster went down tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog directory All Insurance Blog Directory & Search engine blog search directory Blog Directory My Zimbio My Ping in TotalPing.com