With the boys off in London for the Circle-D meet up last weekend I had a whole day to myself.
Whole days alone for me are a massive rarity and for a while I was full of the gazillion things I'd get done and rather dizzy all in all.
However, eventually I decided to use it to catch up with my long-overdue "the art of living cheerfully" tasks.
There have been some lovely tasks and I was woefully behind but not stressed at all really.
I was just aware that I wanted to do these things for me and I'd fit them in when I could.
We have been living in chaos whilst the dining room floor was sanded and varnished and I think I mentioned that Andrew was working two jobs for a couple of weeks so I let the "cheerfully" stuff slide a bit.
Saturday saw me having to attempt a self-portrait.
I SOOOO did not enjoy this as is evidenced by the first rather awkward photo of me.
I look like a woman in her forties.
How did that happen?!
I was also to write about what makes me beautiful.
You what now?
Couldn't think of a thing.
Completely stalled.
I do a great job wih my family but often feel like I am lurching from day to day without being fully present in the moment and any thoughts of myself are fleeting and quickly pushed aside to make space for cooking, tidying up and talking about sharks and whales!
No comments:
Post a Comment